Overview of Social Security Disability Statistics in America
Expert SSD Attorneys Bring Insight from 100+ Years’ Combined Experience
The Social Security Disability program in the U.S. provides important life-sustaining benefits to millions of workers and their families every year. In 2013, more than 10.2 million people received disability benefits The Social Security Administration (SSA), the government agency that has the task of administering the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) programs, provided the following interesting statistics from the Social Security disability program:
- The total payment amount disbursed to disabled beneficiaries was $11.2 billion
- The average monthly benefit is $1,146.42.
- The average age of disability benefit recipients is 53.
- The ratio of male to female disability recipients is evenly split.
- Approximately 33% of disability beneficiaries receive benefits on the basis of a mental disability.
- In 2013, 769, 171 disabled workers had their benefits terminated.
- Approximately one out of seven disabled workers received SSI payments as another source of income.
- Since 1980, there has been a steady incline in the number of applicants and beneficiaries as well as the amount of money paid to beneficiaries across the U.S.
As these statistics show, successfully obtaining SSDI benefits can be difficult. If you would like a strong, experienced Social Security Disability attorney in Orlando by your side to help you with your application and any subsequent reconsideration or appeal, please contact The Trial Professionals P.A. We represent disabled workers and their families from our offices across the state, including Miami, Jacksonville, Naples, and beyond.
Reach out to our firm at (855) 375-9959 to begin with a free evaluation of your case.