Orlando Swimming Pool Accident Attorneys
Specialists Representing Clients from Naples to Jacksonville, FL
In Florida, we’re blessed with warm weather almost year round. Swimming pools are terrific way to cool off during hot and humid summer. Here in Florida, we have swim clubs, community pools, pools at high schools and colleges, pools at resorts and hotels and private pools that offer visitors fun, exercise, and relaxation.
While swimming pools are prominent, unfortunately, many people—especially children—drown or suffer other swimming pool-related tragedies. Swimming pools can be extremely dangerous. Often, due to the negligence of the owners, operators and manufacturers of the pools, children and adults can suffer serious, catastrophic and life-changing or fatal injuries.
The Trial Professionals P.A. is here to help if you have lost a loved one. Call our Orlando swimming pool accident lawyers at (855) 375-9959 today.
Dangers of Swimming Pools
Children are 14 times more likely to suffer a fatal accident in a swimming pool than a motor vehicle. In fact, fatal drowning is the second highest cause of unintentional death for children under age 15 according to the Center for Disease Control.
The following are some of the risks that pools may have if poorly constructed, maintained or supervised:
- Lack of proper safety equipment
- Failure to supervise and not having a sufficient number of lifeguards
- Failure to warn of dangerous conditions that the owner operators knew or should have known about
- Lack of fencing around a pool, making it too easy for children to wander
- Failure to maintain the pool in a safe condition
- Defective equipment such as a drain or filter
A cause of action is theory of liability, which is a reason the owner, operator or manufacturer can be held responsible.