Resolving Property Damage following a Motor Vehicle Accident

Immediate following a motor vehicle accident people generally have all sorts of questions. One question our office is frequently asked following a collision involves property damage. An unexpected motor vehicle collision can severely disrupt a person’s life. The collision can result in injuries that require medical care and almost certainly involves damage to the vehicles involved. Generally, a party who is not at fault for a motor vehicle collision has a few options as to how to get compensated for damage done to their property.

Although every accident is different, general a party who is not at fault for a collision can pursue property damage compensation through either their own insurance company or through the insurance carrier for the at fault party. If you choose to receive compensation through the at fault party’s insurance carrier that insurance company will need to compete their own investigation of the accident prior to making payments. This length of this investigation can vary depending on multiple factors including the cooperation of their insured, the facts of the accident, and the availability of a police report. Once the insurance company finishes their investigation and determines their insured is at fault for the collision, you can receive compensation for your damaged property.

Alternatively, if you do not wish to wait for the at fault party to complete their investigation into the accident, you may file a claim with your own insurance provider. You insurance carrier will generally repair your vehicle promptly. You will need to pay any deductibles associated with your policy, but you can be reimbursed for these out of pocket expenses once the at fault party’s insurance carrier accepts liability for the accident.

In addition to repairing your vehicle, you can also be compensated for damage done to property inside your vehicle that resulted from the collision. Often times our clients have damaged cell phones, eyeglasses, or other products. You may be entitled to compensation for repair or replacement of these items as well. An experienced attorney can help you resolve your property damage concerns as quickly and effortlessly as possible.


Free Case Evaluation

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
Contact Us